The irony of this is not lost on me at all. First we had the
Stepped outside the box or maybe over the line. It always seems I have a plethora of pixels and this blog runs tight on space. So… Of course I did. I learnt that trick from another blogger who, when he runs out of space, moves to a new site and invites his followers to follow.
The new blog, called 3six5snap, is 95% pixels and 5% loose prose. A daily snap for the year. Unfiltered, unedited, wild and free. Seems like a good idea. No specific subject and spontaneous.
I think the link will work but I’ve I’ve still got a couple of kinks to work out. Even though it says it is saving my changes it keeps going back to the basic set up. Always good to challenge that brain isn’t it.
I most definitely managed to tick off that one
You know that saying; an apple a day keeps the doc away. I wonder if that applies for
I drifted, the words swirling around me and drawing me into their world. I delved into
We wandered our way the place and hit a few random
Here is part 2 of my 3 part
It’s seems that cloud cover can come in various levels and provide
Buoyed by the success of my recent challenge I pushed forward. I had a full length sun dress that had needed shortening for a while. It wasn’t hard; it just hadn’t happened. So now it has and it’s hanging up waiting for a nice warm day.
This meant that there was an excess of material to be utilized. Ah yes — upcycled. Into something tiny because there was like 12″ of length but at least it was already hemmed.
Enter in a creative challenge. What to make and how to do it. Following my instincts I pushed forward and cut out a peasant dress. Utilized the pre existing hems and zipped the seams through the serger. The little cap sleeves are adorable but now need arm hole binding but not enough material left for a facing
Ah more upcycling. I have all of my mother in law’s sewing supplies and every once in a while they come in handy. Check out the prices!
It worked remarkably well. Zipped the neck casing shut and then struggled to get the elastic through. It took almost more time to do that than sew the little dress! Now I can only hope it fits the little one it’s intended for. It’s 12 -18 month size and she’s 4 months old so hopefully it will but it might be more like a tunic than a dress.
Rather hard to get a good photo of either one but that’s the best attempt.
Now onward to the jersey challenges. I was chased inside tonight by dust storms and nasty wind so will take advantage of this stolen time away from yard work.
Sometimes things work out perfectly and sometimes they don’t. We had both spectrums of that today but I’m going to