I’m so excited to have a spot to showcase the wonderful country I call home. The Government of Canada along with Parks Canada has given us free entrance into all our National Parks this year. I signed us up early but there is no way, short of retiring and traveling extensively, that we could hit them all.
A friend of ours was in Nova Scotia and PEI for a professional conference. She kept texting me pictures of old houses, National Parks and so many cool things they were seeing. Then a work friend went to a National Park in BC and used social media to post pictures. The light bulb went on.
GUEST BLOGS! That’s how I’m going to share all these wonderful sights our country has to share. I have reached out to a wide variety of people to share their pictures and stories. So stay tuned for some more red chairs and lots of arm-chair travel to enjoy! If you hit a National Park this summer and would like to contribute feel free to leave a comment and I will respond to you with details about how we can do this! Let`s see CANADA!!
The first link is to #MyCanadaDay150 — although while not technically Parks Canada it is the base of this 150 celebration year.
- Grasslands National Park – Reagan’s story about biking through the hills
- Grasslands Take 2 –confirmed Canadian Park buff Lynn explores here
- Jasper National Park – Take 1 – Jaclyn’s bucket list of Canadian sites to see
- Hello again Banff National Park – – -Bernie & Ron reminisce while in Banff
- Mount Revelstoke National Park – Bernie & Ron continue their mountain tours
- Yoho National Park –— Bernie & Ron enjoy the stunning beauty here
- Prince Albert National Park — Janice shares two families long term connections in this park
- Glacier National Park –Bernie & Ron explore a tiny bit of this big gem of a park
- Prince Albert National Park and the MS Bike Tour — Bernie bikes at Waskesiu
NATIONAL HISTORIC SITES:
- Canada 150 Park Pass – Rideau Canal
- National Historic Site – Laurier House
- The Inventor’s Story – Deana’s pit stop @ the Alexander Graham Bell Museum
- NHS – Roger’s Pass–Bernie & Ron discover more here than passing motorists realize
- NHS — Bar U Ranch –Bernie & Ron step into cattle country in the foothills of AB
- Motherwell in Symphony – Sarah journeys to this site to enjoy history and music
- The Trails of 1885 – Cyndi and Jeff tour Forts and battle sites in Saskatchewan
HOPEFUL GUEST BLOGS has turned into the Blog Reality Check
- CAVENDISH – many people went — who will write about it
- WATERTON NATIONAL PARK – maybe a classmate who lives there
- BATOCHE – hopeful someone has been there recently
- POINT PELEE – an ex pat who visited this year
- WEST COAST TREK – my Haiti buddy Aimy
And hopefully many more!!! Please help me document as many places as possible!