Finish It Friday (on Tuesday)

Finishing work is only 10 % of most projects but takes 90% of the time. It’s easy to lose momentum and not get to those little details. 


I’m pleased to report that I have finally completed the main baby quilt. I had the piecing and quilting done before the baby was born a month ago today. It has taken me this long to get label completed. 

First I learnt a thing or two about monograms which my daughter taught me. Then I mastered my fancy machine and learnt to use the memory keys and played with different sizes and styles.  

                      A B C

                  Feb 7 2017 

BUT, although my test patch was perfect, my end result was ugly. Like really ugly. Like no pictures exists because I may have had tears in my eyes. Lots of skipped stitches. Retrospectively found out a few things I didn’t do. Meanwhile we painstakingly ripped it out. 


Then decided to go rustic. My daughter liked that I always put hearts in my free motion quilting so wanted a heart. That was overly easy compared to the satin stitch monogram. Loads of ripping out and going back a few stitches to start over. Then I tried French knots for the a and c which are little. Then I ripped that out and went back to satin stitches. Not super happy with the size variations as the B is supposed to read bigger and somehow that C ended up too big but Grampa said that Baby A won’t care. 

I used some “vintage” labels I found while cleaning out my sewing drawers. Circa 1992 when my daughter was small and I did lots of sewing for her. 


 It’s not perfect that’s for sure but it’s #madewithlove and now it’s finally complete! 

Bernie