The fun thing about rotisserie pain induced insomnia is how your mind can just flit around like a squirrel and it doesn’t matter one watt. So in my spare time between 11 and 3 I made a random list of useless info to share and then tried to commit it to memory. Without further ado here it is.
In no particular order.
- The more you need lip balm the less likely you are to find the 18 tubes of it strewn about
- 5 second rule does not apply to food at the beach or sterile instruments dropped in the OR
- The level of snoring loudness seems directly proportional to the closer the partner is to actually falling asleep
- If the sheets are vintage 1965 don’t expect the pillows to be any better
- The further you are from home increase the likelihood of having forgotten something important
The last one has alluded my brain during the day time. Seems to me I tried to spin the last one into a gratitude one. Insomnia sucks but there are A LOT worse things to deal with. Relatively temporary back/pelvic pain is not fun but it’s going to get better. Like one of the fine days she says hopefully. I even have a date for it to get better!
Got any random lists of strange thoughts that flit through your brain? I mean, help me out here. I can’t possibly be the only one. Can I?