The title makes it sound like I’ve started a pregnancy blog. Heaven forbid at my age! I’m counting down rather than up so it’s an update on my retirement calendar. Although it may actually be 34 weeks and not 32 but more info is required before the initial decision maybe be changed.
Here is the two part why. Ron believes he read somewhere that the best date is the end of your birthday month. On my list of things to do in June is contact the retirement section of human resources and get the low down. The other aspect of the date is that a certain someone in my life will be in Vegas at the King Memorial Soccer tournament. Bad luck that the Friday after my 60th birthday happens to be that weekend. SO if I want my man around for my ultimate TGIF I may have to delay it a week. So then what is two weeks.
I did learn a few things this last two weeks that I have been on holidays. In no particular order and because I love lists.
- I will miss the people but I won’t miss the grind of daily work or getting lunches organized and up on time.
- I will be busy; my days won’t be boring or empty of things to do
- I will need some structure so I don’t fritter away time
- I will need to establish a sleep/wake up routine so I don’t become a total night owl
- I need at least 2 days per week where I don’t run to the city.
The things I’m so looking forward to, like gran time and creative time, will be done without sacrificing other things. I’m hoping for more friend time and more me time.
The pictures of this post have no bearing on the words. Just some shots that filled my heart with joy today so felt like sharing them.
Thanks for stopping in to read. It’s always nice to connect.
Ps – recognize the crocuses now??