Well it was seriously down to the wire and well past the eleventh hour. Literally it was past midnight when I finished up the project but I kept going because I wanted it complete even if it meant losing sleep.
It’s not that I actually was procrastinating but rather that a couple of other time sensitive projects popped up since I commenced. Hard to say no when it’s sewing for Baby A. The dress needed motifications and I created the bonnet and little diaper covers.
Which meant that my project hit the back burner till the eleventh hour. I had some issues with design, sewing and final creation but I am pleased to record that the Canada fabric has been turned into an a bag for me. Just in time for our trip to Ottawa for the 150th celebrations.
The final layout. Looked much better after my sister came along and did some deletions and additions of other fabrics.
I added inside pockets to the lining from leftover chunks of fabric. The white fabric shows the reverse of the fronts with the quilting done.
I modified the construction of the bag as I like the deeper corners that I made with all the little zippy pouches. I hand stitched the lining and then I was happy to stick several pins in as well; a little bit of Saskatchewan colours to go along with the red and white.
On the road and looking forward to many years of enjoying my Canada 150 bag.